BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hjeon
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I would like to know whether there is a syntax/command for combining GLM effect sizes using MIANALYZE. If it is, could you let me know where I could get it? Thank you so much. 

3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Mmm.  Haven't seen any macros (which is what it would take) on this one.  The key here is that the effect size estimates will be different for each imputation, and I don't believe that eta squared or omega squared are "additive" in the sense that you could take the average of the imputational values as applying to the results from MIANALYZE.  If I were searching for this on Uncle Google's website, I might use key terms like "model averaging effect size SAS" to see what might pop up.

Steve Denham

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

Combining Type-III Analyses from Multiple Imputations:

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/1543-2014.pdf

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

That macro is quite good for getting the MIANALYZE results, but as far as effect sizes, there is still something missing.  However, since it does calculate the mean squares, one could get the LSMEANS, and calculate effect sizes in a data step.  Cohen's d would be simple, eta squared and omega squared somewhat more difficult.

And, as always, I have a difficult time moving from MIXED to MIANALYZE with things like repeated measures (getting the matrix to be of the correct form).  I generally appeal to the fact that maximum likelihood estimates under missing at random are optimal, and that imputation really adds little in that situation.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation