BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ANieto
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to report mean survival time from a exponential and a Weibull distribution after adjustment of a dataset and I would like to report it from the output.

For example for the exponential distirbution the code will be something like

Proc lifereg data=temp;

model os*death(0)=/dist=exp;

run;

And from the ouput I assume that marked text of the screenshot is what I am looking for but I would like to receive the confirmation. And indeed how do I get the mean estimate form the output but using the Weibull distribution.

Thank you very much in advance.

Antonio.

Output.gif
2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

To get Weibull distribution then replace the Dist=Exp with Dist=Weibull .

ANieto
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much for the quick answer.

My question goes a little further, once I get the Weibull (i.e. Dist=Weibull) or Exponential (i.e. Dist=Exp) outputs how can it be derived mean survival time from them? E.g for exponential distribution, is it the estimate obtained in the Weibull scale row?

Antonio.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation