BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
O6688
Calcite | Level 5

I am wondering what procedure in SAS will provide Mann-Whitney Rank Sum test for two sample test.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Keith
Obsidian | Level 7

Proc Npar1way with the Wilcoxon option will do this for you.

Regards,

Keith

O6688
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much.

I did so, but the results are different from the SPSS results, which reported by Mann-Whitney Rank Sum test.

What is different between 'Normal Approximation' and ' t Approximation' for the Statistic?

If I have a small sample size (<10), should I use EXACT test?

Thank you again in advance.

A

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The differences in approximations are in the documentation.  The approximations are for larger samples.

With a small sample the exact test is better.

Lastly, the differences with SPSS may have to do with the use of a continuity correction in the approximations.  Again, see the documentation.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

O6688
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much.

It is helpful.

A

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation