BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sotch
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have continuous data for 8 subjects and around 4-5 data for each subject.

I would like to see the correlation between the dependent variable and the independent variable.

But first, I want to see if I can mix the data together without taking into account that there is 8 subjects.

In fact, I want to see if samples taken from the same donor are as independent as the samples taken from different donors.

Therefore, I have to justify mixing all samples together which would ease my analysis.

Can anyone tell me if it is correct: To justify mixing all samples together, I have to see if the variance within-subject is less than the variance between-subject? Or is it the contrary?

To do that, I used the donor as a random effect in Mixed models procedure and I compare the within-subject effect (residual variance) to the between-subject effect (donor variance).

Thank you very much!

2 REPLIES 2
statistician13
Quartz | Level 8

Take a look at the COVTEST statement in proc MIXED.

Sotch
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I already have my within-subject variance and between-subject variance.

I need help in the interpretation of these results.

My goal is to justify mixing the samples together.

I would like to have your point of view... To justify that I need to prove that the within-subject variance is less than the between-subject variance? Or that the within-subject variance is more than the between-subject variance?

Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation