BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CristinaP
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I'm trying to replicate an MCP-Mod procedure using SAS and my objective is to have the same results produced by R code. I'm following the code in chapter 7 of the book "Moden Approaches to Clinical Trial Using SAS" (S. Menon, R. C. Zink). The example in the book is based on biom dataset from the R package MCPMod, but I want to apply this code on a different data. The difference is that in my dataset there is a covariate, called base (it's a baseline variable). The SAS code print out the same optimal contrasts that I achieve with R. The best model between the candidate set of model is an Emax model. I know that in the MCPMod package covariates have an additive effect and also I know that usually in an Emax model covariates can have an effect on the parameter. In SAS I really don't know how can I add a covariate in the Emax model. 

This is the code that I'm using:

proc nlmixed data=simpredict;
parms e0=0.3 emax=1 ed50=1 sigma=1;
bounds 0.001 < ed50 < 1.5;
mn=e0 + b1*base + emax*dose/(dose + ed50)+base;
model resp ~ normal(mn, sigma**2);
predict emax*dosepred/(dosepred + ed50) out=predout;
estimate 'TD' &deltadiff * ed50/(emax - &deltadiff);
run;

But the TD estimate from this procedure is different from the one that I have using R.

Am I putting in this covariate in the right way?

Thank you to all 

CP

1 REPLY 1
StatG
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cristina,

I am doing something similar but I am unable to get the optimal contrasts in R and SAS to match. Do you mind sharing your code that got you the same contrasts?

Thanks

JS

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation