BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AlanMstat
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

i have some data I am looking at characterized as follows:

Predictor: # of exacerbations defined as 0 for control, 1 if between 1-4, and 2 if 5 or more (n= approx 20 per group)

I have a couple of outcomes I am looking at based on questionairres:

Quality of Life

Asthma related QOL

+ 2 more

*Each of these scales is made up of 3-10 subscale measures. They are on the most part, skewed to the left. There is also heterogeneity of variances.

I want to look at differences in exacerbation group for these outcomes for my primary objective and look further into difference by gender, type of asthma med (category), severity of asthma (category), FEV1 (continuous).

What would be the best statistical approx given problems with assumptions, small sample for the primary and secondary (interaction by both the cat and cont vars?) objectives.

Thanks all.

2 REPLIES 2
AlanMstat
Calcite | Level 5

I'd appreciate if someone can shed some light on this... Thank you all!

Thanks,

Alan

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Certainly, MANOVA could work, assuming you don't mind that your errors won't be normally distributed (although maybe they will be close to normal, you'd have to check)

Another approach is PROC PLS.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation