BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
water
Calcite | Level 5
I meet a MANCOVA mixed model by sas of question.
Here, fruit_set and seed_set as two dependent variables, with pollination_treatment as fixed effect, year as a random factor, with plot_density as covariate. I could not to write this sas program. Could you help me to do it, thanks advance to you!
In fact, because fruit_set(ratio of fruit to flowers per plant) and seed_set (ratio of seed to ovules per flower) may be intercorrelated, so I have to select MANCOVA.
If just one dependent variable, for example just fruit set, I write program by proc mixed,
-----------------------
proc mixed data = abc;
class trt year;
model fruit_set = trt plot_density trt*plot_density;
random year year*trt year*trt*plot_density;
run;
-----------------------
or two dependent variables, but not a random effect, items of 'year' as a fixed effect, I write program by proc glm,
------------------------
proc glm data = abc;
class trt year;
model fruit_set seed_set = trt | year | plot_density;
manova h =_all_;
run;
-----------------------
I try to write "MANCOVA mixed model" by proc mixed, but could not run in SAS!
----------------------
proc mixed data=abc;
class trt year;
model frut_set seed_set = trt | plot_density;
random year year*trt year*trt*plot_density;
run;
----------------------
Please help to revise my program "MANCOVA mixed model" or rewrite a new program, thanks advance!!!
3 REPLIES 3
lgwaters
Fluorite | Level 6

I have exactly the same problem. Does anyone have a solution to this for SAS?

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

See if this blog post "MANOVA or mixed model?" answers your question. It mentions PROC MIXED  (REPEATED / SUBJECT=subject)

and how to specify hypothesis tests that are analogoud to GLM's MANOVA statement.

If not, please post your GLM code.

lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

There are also previous discussions on this Stat Procs community board on this subject.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation