BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Dear all,

Wish you all well.  My apology that this is not SAS-related.

I have to do weighting for an alcohol longitudinal study(2011-2013).

How do I go about getting the final weights?

Some people stopped responding as the survey progressed leaving only the drinkers responded in the end(2013).

Does it sound statistically correct by multiplying the sampling weights by postratification weights(weighted on census by gender, age and ethnicity) then by attrition weights to get the final weights?

Any input will be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User

Survival Analysis ?

K-M  estimator ?

Better Post it at  SAS Statistical Procedures 

Message was edited by: xia keshan

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

What are you trying to estimate here?  's suggestion of some sort of survival analysis may be in order.  Look at some of the examples in the PHREG documentation to see if they look like they fit what you want.  If so, then sit down with an experienced proportional hazards modeler to work through the assumptions and whether they are met for an analysis.

Steve Denham

Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Dear Keshan and Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

I wish to analyse only the 2013 data and to create weighting for the 2013 only participants so it will be a nationally representative of the population.

However, I'm not sure how do I go about doing the weighting given that there are only drinkers in the 2013 data.

Thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation