BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
billfriend
Fluorite | Level 6

I have scored data from 3 time points, the scores range from 0-5. 

If the data is normal, can I run this?

proc glimmix data=test;

class sex(ref='1') education(ref='1') race_ethn(ref='1') age;

model score=time sex education race_ethn age hhsize/s dist=GAUSSIAN LINK=CUMLOGIT or;

random time;

run;

Do I include time in the class statement?  Also, it is correct to include time in the random statement? To account for nature of the data, dependent, do I need to include: Store=ID.

repeated subject=store / corr=ind corrw;

If the data is not normal, can I run this?

proc glimmix data=test;

class sex(ref='1') education(ref='1') race_ethn(ref='1') age;

model score=time sex education race_ethn age hhsize/s dist=multinomial LINK=CUMLOGIT or;

random time;

run;

Should the distribution actually be poisson since it's count data (i.e. scored data)?

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User

I do not think you can do that.

LINK=CUMLOGIT

is for the general logistic regression , and for the category dependent varible which has three or more levels .

billfriend
Fluorite | Level 6
I've read that you can use LINK=CUMLOGIT for multinomial data. Any thoughts on how I should treat the data? Normal vs multinomial vs poisson?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation