Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Logistic regression question(s)

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Logistic regression question(s)

Greetings all.  I am wanting to run logistic regression on some data, and it has been a while since I've done any stats (and I learned on SPSS).  I have a binary response variable, two predictor variable of interval type, and several binary dummy variable predictors.  I'm not sure how to go about running the analysis.  I have messed around with both catmod and genmod, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.  Basically, I'm looking for significance of the predictors in the response "chg_off".  I've attached a sas file with some sample data.  I took a random sample of 100 observations, so there may be nothing to the results, I'm more just looking for hot to set it up.  I sure would appreciate any help anyone could offer.  Thank you.

Greg

Attachment

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-24-2013 01:48 PM
Super User

Re: Logistic regression question(s)

The SAS Examples in proc logistic are pretty good IMO.

SAS/STAT(R) 9.22 User's Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎01-24-2013 01:48 PM
Super User

The SAS Examples in proc logistic are pretty good IMO.

SAS/STAT(R) 9.22 User's Guide

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Reeza, that is just what I needed.  I spent some time googling "sas logistic regression", and I came up with genmod, catmod, but not logistic.  Anyhow, thanks for the tip.

Greg

Frequent Contributor

Ok, one more question regarging this.  I am looking at the "Analysis of Maximum Likelihood Estimates" output, and I am confused as to why some of the variables have '<.0001' in the 'Pr > ChiSq' column.  I would (maybe naively) infer these variables to be significant.  Am I wrong in this assumption?  It just seems to straight forward.  Thank you.

Greg

Super User

That means P-Value is less than 0.0001, it just won't display it smaller....

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation