BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gsnidow
Obsidian | Level 7

Greetings all.  I am wanting to run logistic regression on some data, and it has been a while since I've done any stats (and I learned on SPSS).  I have a binary response variable, two predictor variable of interval type, and several binary dummy variable predictors.  I'm not sure how to go about running the analysis.  I have messed around with both catmod and genmod, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.  Basically, I'm looking for significance of the predictors in the response "chg_off".  I've attached a sas file with some sample data.  I took a random sample of 100 observations, so there may be nothing to the results, I'm more just looking for hot to set it up.  I sure would appreciate any help anyone could offer.  Thank you.

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

The SAS Examples in proc logistic are pretty good IMO.

SAS/STAT(R) 9.22 User's Guide

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

The SAS Examples in proc logistic are pretty good IMO.

SAS/STAT(R) 9.22 User's Guide

gsnidow
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Reeza, that is just what I needed.  I spent some time googling "sas logistic regression", and I came up with genmod, catmod, but not logistic.  Anyhow, thanks for the tip.

Greg

gsnidow
Obsidian | Level 7

Ok, one more question regarging this.  I am looking at the "Analysis of Maximum Likelihood Estimates" output, and I am confused as to why some of the variables have '<.0001' in the 'Pr > ChiSq' column.  I would (maybe naively) infer these variables to be significant.  Am I wrong in this assumption?  It just seems to straight forward.  Thank you.

Greg

Reeza
Super User

That means P-Value is less than 0.0001, it just won't display it smaller....

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation