BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Proshi
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear all,

I would like to know if I could estimate Odds ratio with a Catmod procedure?

Thank you,

Darina Proshenska

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Yes. Use the LOGLIN statement  to specify the model effects and put the _RESPONSE_ keyword on the right-hand side of the MODEL statement. The parameter estimates table contains the estimates on a log scale. You will need to combine them and exponentiate them to get the odds ratios. I wasn't able to find an online example, but there is an example in the "Loglinear Models" chapter of Stokes, Davis, and Koch, "Categorical Data Analysis" book.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ksharp
Super User

I am not sure .

CONTRAST '1 vs. 4' A 2 1 1  /  EXP ;

Proshi
Fluorite | Level 6

I will try this. Thank you for your help!

Darina

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Yes. Use the LOGLIN statement  to specify the model effects and put the _RESPONSE_ keyword on the right-hand side of the MODEL statement. The parameter estimates table contains the estimates on a log scale. You will need to combine them and exponentiate them to get the odds ratios. I wasn't able to find an online example, but there is an example in the "Loglinear Models" chapter of Stokes, Davis, and Koch, "Categorical Data Analysis" book.

Proshi
Fluorite | Level 6

Okay. I'll check this.

Thanks, Rick,
Darina Proshenska

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

@StatDave gave you some valuable advice about using PROC LOGISTIC instead of PROC CATMOD. Please consider following his advice.

Proshi
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes. Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation