BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Crubal
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, 

I have the following code using Logistic Regression on this dependent variable 'Stay', 1 means customer did stay; 0 means customer didnot stay. And several independent variables as below: 

Proc Logistic Data=Work.Data1;
Class Member Travel_Agency;
Model Stay = Length_of_Stay Booking_Lead Member Travel_Agency Member*Travel_Agency / expb;
output out=Work.Data2 p=pi_hat;

Where Arrival_Date between '01MAY2014'd and '30APR2017'd;
Run;

My question is:

After it runs, in the output table, column 'pi_hat' is a value between 0 and 1. Does it mean it is more likely to be 'Stay' or 'Not Stay'? And how could I apply the result from logistic regression into future 'Arrival_Date'? Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User

'pi_hat' is Proability for Stay =0.

If you want Stay =1 proability. try

Model Stay(event='1') =

Crubal
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Ksharp, I see. 

And how could I apply it into future dates (from '01MAY2017' to '30APR2018') using 'pi_hat'? 

Thank you! 

Ksharp
Super User

I don't understand what you mean.

You mean SOCRE a new dataset ?

use SCORE statement.

model ........

score data=new_data .....

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation