BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi there my SAS friends:

Im running this data:

These are the raw numbers used for this graph. Average IQs for countries are from Lynn, Harvey, and Nyborg (2009) Intelligence, Volume 37, pages 11-15 (article link). Average IQs for US states are from McDaniel (2006) Intelligence, Volume 34, pages 607-619 (article link). Religious percentage for both countries and US states from Diener, Tay, and Myers (2011 August 1) Journal of Personality and Social Psychology (article link).

file with full data is adjunt.

so in the LOG file says:

ERROR: Variable Country in list does not match type prescribed for this list.

Any suggestions?? is so easy to run, but this ERROR is making me crazy

Thanks

SAS.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

What are you expecting VAR statement to do?

Given that the name is COUNTRY my guess is that it's a character variable and the documentation states that variables in the VAR statement should be numeric

VAR Statement

VAR variables ;

The VAR statement is used to include numeric variables in the crossproducts matrix that are not specified in the first MODEL statement.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

What are you expecting VAR statement to do?

Given that the name is COUNTRY my guess is that it's a character variable and the documentation states that variables in the VAR statement should be numeric

VAR Statement

VAR variables ;

The VAR statement is used to include numeric variables in the crossproducts matrix that are not specified in the first MODEL statement.

statistician13
Quartz | Level 8

It would be my guess based, on a brief read of the article, that you'd want to include Country as a class variable and then use proc glm to fit the model, including country as a fixed effect on the model statement.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation