BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jolly
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am working with a manufacturing process data and cannot figure out how to control the inset calculations.  For example:  Lets say I have 80 data results that I am graphing using the Proc Shewhart procedure with an irchart.  But between data point 40 and 41 I split the control limits due to a shift in the mean.  So I have my control limits for data points 1-40 and a second set of control limits for 41-80.  Specification limits for all data is the same.  I then use the inset statement to provide a CPK point estimate along with the 95% confidence interval points.  However, I want the inset statement to only reflect on the data just within the second set of control limits.

SAS Code:

proc shewhart history=data2 limits=stats;

irchart test*lot_count='*'  / outlabel=(lot_count) nochart2  vref=vref ciindices lsl=&lsl usl=&usl readphases=all
readindexes=all phaselegend vreflabpos=2 zerostd tests=1 to 4 testlabel1=' ' testlabel2=' ' clipfactor=2 totpanels=1;

inset stddev cpklcl='Cpk 95% Lower' cpk='Cpk' cpkucl='Cpk 95% Upper' / pos=sw format=6.2 opacity=0;

label &var="&var(&units)";

run;

Where data2 contains the two different _PHASE_ values, and stats data set contains the two sets of control limits with _INDEX_ values to be matched with _PHASE_ values.

And also, how can I do this for a histogram in proc capability.  I want the histogram to include all data points in the chart, but I only want the ppk calculations to be based off only the 2nd half of the data.

Thank you,
Jeff

1 REPLY 1
Quentin
Super User

Hi,

I don't have an easy answer.  Makes sense that if you have a phased control chart, you would want phased Cpk (or in your case Cpk for just the most recent phase).

Typically I haven't used the graphics from Shewhart much.  I've instead used the proc to compute the data I want (process limits, Cpk, etc) and output them to a dataset, then used GTL to create a custom chart.  It's more work, but gives more control over the final output.  So with that approach, could just run Shewhart a second time using only data from the most recent phase to to get the desired Cpk.

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation