BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sas_beg
Calcite | Level 5

I am new here. The proc lifereg used to produce a model fit statistic (loglikelihood) without any of the covariates along the usual one with covariates. This is useful to compute a likelihood ratio or a pseudo r-squares. It seems I cannot find this now with newer version of SAS/ETS. Is there a solution for this? I cannot run the model with no covariates as I do not know what missing observations to exclude to have a match between the two runs (with and without covariates). Thank you in advance for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

LIFEREG belongs under SAS/Stat not SAS/ETS. 

What version of SAS/Stat do you have?

Sas_beg
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the correction. I have SAS/Stat 12.3

Reeza
Super User

So I checked a couple of different version of the documentation (your welcome) and I can't see a difference in the output. That doesn't mean there isn't one, just nothing related to Log Likelihood that I can find. 

Can you post sample code (and ideally sample data) that you think should generate log likelihood and a reference to what version of SAS would produce this value.

You can use the data from the documentation as sample data if your data is confidential. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation