BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Madiha1
Calcite | Level 5

guys i m just stuck with lethal concentration (LC50) calculation.

I used two drugs of  different concentrations as one dose in my experiment.i.e one is 250ug/L and other is 100mg/L both make one dose. how i write it and find LC50. problem is like

1.   250/100

2.   300/50

as units are different what should i do????

please guide me as soon as possible....

waiting for your reply...

i am using SAS University Edition

7 REPLIES 7
Madiha1
Calcite | Level 5

guys i m just stuck with lethal concentration (LC50) calculation.

I used two drugs of  different concentrations as one dose in my experiment.i.e one is 250ug/L and other is 100mg/L both make one dose. how i write it and find LC50. problem is like

1.   250/100

2.   300/50

as units are different what should i do????

please guide me as soon as possible....

waiting for your reply...

i am using SAS University Edition

art297
Opal | Level 21

Can you be more specific? It would help if you provide data steps that show an example of what you have and, based on that example, what you want and what decision rules were needed to make the calculations/determinations.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Madiha1
Calcite | Level 5

Normally for Calculation of LC50 calculation firstly according to method we have to add dose 
concentration,total number of animals and then number of mortality like the example below.
Here 2,4,6.. represents dose concentration.

data A; input dose n response; cards; 2 50 10 4 50 25 6 50 35 8 50 40 10 50 45 ; proc probit log 10; var dose n response; run;

As i mentioned previously i am using two different concentrations as one dose.
how I write them.problm is I have my dose concentration in this form
220/50
300/100
400/150
when i put this this doesnt work.(both are different drugs which are taken as one dose concentration)
please reply me as soon as possible

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Madiha1

To just answer the one specific question "as units are different what should i do????"

Convert your data to a common unit. 1mg = 1000ug 

Madiha1
Calcite | Level 5
i  am thinking too of converting them in unit. but problem is still how i write to doses at once to get LC
Madiha1
Calcite | Level 5
After conversion in one unit how to add dose concentration.   
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

For one parameter, the lethal dose (50%) is the concentration for which the predicted probability is 0.5. So if you have two parameters, the lethal does would be a curve in parameter space for which the predicted probability is 0.5.  You can use the EFFECTPLOT statement in PROC LOGISTIC or PROC PLM to create a contour plot that shows the 0.5 probability contour. For examples, see "Use the EFFECTPLOT  statement to visualize regression models in SAS."

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation