BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ArseneWenger
Fluorite | Level 6

I am trying to introduce AR1 term into my models (lag of dependent variable). It is easy to do for the for the historic period which is lag(y). But I am wondering how to create it for the forecast period (it would actually be the lag of the prediction).  Is ther any SAS procedure or autoreg can do this??  My data looks like:

Date                                    Y                            lag(y)                    X1           X2

…                                          .006                      ….                        12           7

Q1 2016                              .005                      .006                      1             3             

Q2 2016                              .004                      .005                      11           7

Q3 2016                              .003                      .004                      8             7

Q4 2016                              .004                      .003                      10           6

Q1 2017                              .                             .004                      12           5

Q2 2017                              .                             .                             11           4

Q3 2017                              .                             .                             10           3

Q4 2017                              .                             .                             11           4

….

How do I populate lag(Y) for qtr’s Q2 2017 & beyond so that I can use it in regression??

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Ksharp
Super User

If you are fitting ARIMA(0,1,0) , you do not need lagged dependent variable as input variable,

PROC ARIMA will do that for you, input variables is for other variables like X1 , X2 rather than autoregression variable.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation