BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
macambareri
Calcite | Level 5

It is possible making LSD Fisher comparision in Proc mixed, printing letters of the results? Can anyone help me?

I´m analizing a split plot design.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

If your experiment fits the assumptions of PROC GLM, you could do it there. If your data is not normally distributed, or you need PROC MIXED because you have correlation in your data or non-constant variability, I don't think the LSD test exists.

--
Paige Miller
macambareri
Calcite | Level 5
Many Thanks! Thankfully data is normally distributed. And how the sentence should be for do the LSD test adding letters to the comparisons?
Thanks
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Yes you can do this in PROC GLM if it meets the requirements of the analysis. If it does not meet the requirements, then I believe you are stuck with PROC MIXED and no LSD test or letters.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation