BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MeredithG
Calcite | Level 5

I've got data on one judge who rated 100 MRIs 5 times each. The options for the rating are "M", "L", "M and L" or "Neither", and there is no natural ordering to these ratings. Is there a way to get an intra-rater reliability for these data?

4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Look up topic "Tests and Measures of Agreement" in proc freq documentation. Cohen's Kappa is available. - PG

PG
MeredithG
Calcite | Level 5

My understanding of Cohen's Kappa is that it is a test of the inter-rater reliability - the agreement between two raters. I'm not having any luck finding documentation of anyone using it for intra-rater reliability. The investigator is asking how internally consistent this one rater is, using 5 repetitions of this 4-level nominal rating system.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Weighted Kappa applies to more than two raters (or independent ratings, at different times by the same rater). SAS even computes exact and stratified versions, with confidence intervals and a strata homogeneity test. Unless the investigator can be more specific as to what is meant by reliability, weighted kappa could well serve as a measure of consistency. Using strata, you could evaluate the progress of a rater or compare the level of difficulty of different types of MRIs.

PG

PG
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

If you treat this as a problem of testing agreement among 5 raters, you can use the multiple rater kappa provided by the MAGREE macro:

http://support.sas.com/kb/25006

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation