BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thesasuser
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello
I am a sas programmer and some times do statsitical analysis.

I had studied statistics quite some times back

I intend to revise my fundamentals for inferential statistics particularly ttest, regression analysis and validating regression model, Anova. (I do have a personal copy of Statistics by example by Ron Cody but that in no way serves the purpose, though it is a  very good and useful book.).

Can any body suggest a book where I can properly interpret the result.

For examplle if i am interpreting a proc ttest what does Pr > T stands for OR what shouldbe the appropriate value.

Not looking for indepth mathematics

2 REPLIES 2
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

If you are looking for a good statistics brush-up book (and you already have Ron Cody's at hand), I recommend "Discovering Statistics Using SAS" by Andy Fields and Jeremy Miles.

Otherwise, SAS has a free statistics e-learning course, that would be my no1 choice 🙂

https://support.sas.com/edu/elearning.html?ctry=us 

Ksharp
Super User

Assuming you have a hypothesis H0: a=0  .

Under the condition of hypothesis of H0 was right ,you can get a estimator (E0) for H0 .

P value stands for the probability of  estimator (E) greater than E0 .

If P <0.05 mean there are very few estimator E is greater than E0, which means E0 is very big,therefore you should reject H0.

The criteria of P value is usually set at 0.05

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation