BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GoFishing
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, All,

I have monthly claims data with 27% having zero value, and some monthly values exceeding $1M. Members can have 12 months of data. As a repeated measure, I'm using GLIMMIX to predict the monthly value where, in a data step to prepare the data, I'm using the statement:

if COST = 0 then dist = "POISSON"; else dist = "GAMMA";

This simulates a Tweedie distribution.

Then in the model, I have:

proc glimmix data = DSN method = quad;
class month  dist  plan;
model COST = month plan / solution  DIST=byobs(dist) ;
random intercept / subject = member TYPE = Toeplitz ;
estimate "Plan vs No Plan" intercept 1  plan 0 1 / E ilink;
estimate "Month 1: Plan vs no plan" intercept 1  month 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 plan 0 1 / E ilink;
run; title1;

E and ILINK provides me with a mean estimate but it is not in scale of the COST. What is the back transformation from the estimated mean to recover the actual cost?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User
Try not use ilink.

estimate "Plan vs No Plan" intercept 1  plan 0 1 ;

or try lsmeans
lsmeans plan/ilink diff exp cl;

GoFishing
Calcite | Level 5

I switched EXP for EST in the LSMEANS statement and it worked. Thanks for the tip.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation