BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi - I can specify a full factorial model with factors A, B, C and D in PROC GLM, PROC GLMSELECT etc using notation like this: A | B | C | D.  But can I tell the procedure that I only want to include interactions of A, B, C and D upto and including the second order?  Obviously I could write them all out in full (A*B  A*C A*D B*C etc), but I'm guessing there's probably an easier way.  Is there?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

There sure is.  For your situation, use A|B|C|D@2.  This will give a model with main effects and all two way interactions.  In the documenation for GLM, look at Example 42.11 Analysis of a Screening Design, where they present a four factor model, and fit main effects and the two way interactions.

Steve Denham

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

There sure is.  For your situation, use A|B|C|D@2.  This will give a model with main effects and all two way interactions.  In the documenation for GLM, look at Example 42.11 Analysis of a Screening Design, where they present a four factor model, and fit main effects and the two way interactions.

Steve Denham

DavidQ_R
SAS Employee

Perfect - just what I needed.

Many thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation