BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LucyB
Obsidian | Level 7

I am running a proc logistic and am looking specifically at a 3 way interaction. Here is some descriptives on my data:

Outcome: mortality (y/n)

Var 1: gender (M/F)

Var 2: dichotomous lab value (above/ below certain critical cutoff- y/n)

Var 3: second dichotomous lab value (above/ below certain critical cutoff- y/n)

I am looking to see who is more at risk for the mortality outcome and have included an interaction for these terms in the model. My interaction p-value is not significant, but I want to report directions. Since I have 3 dichotomous variables, what would be the best way to present this (preferably graphically) in regards to who is more likely to experience mortality?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksharp
Super User
Also check

effectplot  fitslice /  sliceby=  plotby= ;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucyB
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you, so this plots the probabilities for 2 of my predictors but fixes the value for my 3rd. I want to compare across all 3 somehow..

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Look at the article "Visualize an ANOVA with two-way interactions" and see if you can figure out how to extend it to your three binary variables. You will end up with 6  box plots.

Ksharp
Super User
Also check

effectplot  fitslice /  sliceby=  plotby= ;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation