BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yael
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I need your advice,

I have 3 groups in my research: Firms that founded on 1930 (FF - dummy variable), Firms that founded on 1970 (FNF - dummy variable), and other firms.

I also have the continous variables that describe the largest ownership in the relevant firm, FOWN for FF firm and FNFOWN for FNF firms.

If I want to check the ownership impact on performance, should I run regression as:

proc reg data=sasuser.sasfile;

model performance = FOWN FNFOWN ;

run;

Or should I create a new variable named, for example, OWN, that reflect that largest owners in each firm but the code will be:

model performance = OWN*FF OWN*FNF ; (I will create a new variable for each duplicated variables)

run;

Thanks for your help!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

I am assuming that your dummy variables are coded as 0/1 as PROC REG does not support a class statement.

I would recommed your first choice. You can also specify multiple model statements like this

model performance = FOWN;
    model performance = FNFOWN;
run;
yael
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for your answer

But my question is what is the difference between the two options I mentioned?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation