Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Incremental Area Under Curve (iAUC) Calculation

New Contributor

Incremental Area Under Curve (iAUC) Calculation

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am unfamiliar with SAS and trying to calculate the incremental area under the curve. I normally use SPSS and have been unable to find syntax to do so using that program. I did, however, find a guide to do this in SAS (attached) that I imagine would be very helpful if I was more familiar with it!

The method I am particularly keen to use is the "positive incremental area under the curve" one. I have downloaded SAS and am managing to successfully calculate the total AUC using the example data and code in attached guide. I am, however, struggling to get the code to work using the code required for the alternative methods such as iAUC

I'd be very grateful if anyone could paste the code as I should be entering it into SAS to determine the iAUC. I have also pasted a sample of data (left column is time in minutes, right column is glucose concentration in response to a standardised meal) that is representative of the data I have for my study:

Any pointers would be much appreciated and apologies if this is very basic. 

BW,

Niall

Super User

Re: Incremental Area Under Curve (iAUC) Calculation

Posted in reply to njdempster

You would be much better of to post the code you attempted.

And example data in the form of a data step.

A data step would look like this:

data example;
   input variable1 variable2;
datalines;
0  4.746
15 6.688
;
run;

If the code you attempted had errors paste the log result with the code and the error messages into a code box opened using the forum {I} icon. The code box prevents the forum from reformatting text that will corrupt some of the error diagnostics SAS supplies in the log.

New Contributor

Hi,

I have attached the code that I have pasted from the file, which creates a table for the data but doesn't appear to calculate the iAUC. 

New Contributor

I then tried to modify the macro part of the code (the guide says choose 0, 1 or 2 as baseline depending on what type of AUC you want, I changed "dataset" to "DataFile" and output to "computed" (which is in the guide).

I then get the error that name 1 isn't a valid macro parameter

BW,

Niall

Super User

I remembered @Rick_SAS wrote a blog about calculated AUC of logistic model .

Calling @Rick_SAS

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation