BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AY_MANSA
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone

I am trying to get the incience risk ratio (irr) for each of my independent variables while also using the zero inflated negative binomial regression. How can i do this as the output for ZINB does not give the irr.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

In my opinion, you should forget this idea and fit data with Poisson regression.

This is because the likelihood obtained from observing person time and events is the same function of the parameters as when you have poisson distributed counts. Therefore, Poisson regression is just used as a trick to maximize the likehood function and thereby find the right estimates of the IRR. It doesnt matter that the fitstatistics shows a misfit, as the data was not Poisson distributed anyway.

Negative binomial regression will only result in biased standard errors.

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

A negative binomial or ZINB model is for a count response.  A risk ratio is a ratio of event probabilities, so that assumes that the response is binary, not a count.  Assuming your response is really a count, then you might want to estimate a RATE ratio. This note discusses estimating rates and rate ratios with a count model. This note talks about estimating rates using zero-inflated count models. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation