BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rish
Calcite | Level 5

I have a project that requires me to pull a random sample on a population with 95% confidence level, with 2% margin of error (basically 95/5/2).

Can any one please point me to the right task in SAS EG? Can it be performed in GUI or have to look for SAS code?

Appreciate your inputs.

Raj

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

I'm by no means an EG user, but that sounds like two procs combined, one is proc power to determine sample size and proc surveyselect to select your sample size.

You can find the survey select portion in EG under Data>Random Sample.

I'm not sure where you can find the power part to determine your sample Size.

SAS does offer an additional application called SAS Power and Sample Size that can help you determine your sample size and will generate the proc power code you need.

Rish
Calcite | Level 5

Reeza, thanks for the response. It is definitely helpful to set my thought process.

Any other inputs please!

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation