BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
T
Calcite | Level 5 T
Calcite | Level 5
I'm using the BY statement to have split calculations for various groups in the same dataset, but when I specify initial values for the intercept estimate in PROC GENMOD (INTERCEPT option to the MODEL statement), only the first of the BY-groups uses the initial value. Is there any way to give an initial value for each BY-group?

Edit: Confused INITIAL and INTERCEPT options in original post. Message was edited by: T
3 REPLIES 3
Dale
Pyrite | Level 9
Good question! It does not appear to me that it is possible to initialize the intercept for any but the first by group - unless you specify the NOINT option. Specifying an intercept along with the NOINT option would fix an intercept at the specified value (which, I believe, is probably not what you want).

I would report this to SI as a bug and see what they say.
T
Calcite | Level 5 T
Calcite | Level 5
I've reported to the SAS Support now, so we'll see if they have a solution. Thanks for your reply.
T
Calcite | Level 5 T
Calcite | Level 5
Hi again,

I had a reply from the SAS Support. Apparently this is a known limitation with GENMOD, which they hope to fix in the next version.

Until then, I guess the WHERE statement is an acceptable work-around.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation