BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BobSmith
Fluorite | Level 6

Is the proper way to do fixed effects for logit this...

proc surveylogistic data=table;
  strata year industry;
  model y = x1 x2 x3 /rsquare link=logit;
run;

...Or this...

proc surveylogistic data=table;
  class year industry;
  model y = x1 x2 x3 year industry /rsquare link=logit;
run;

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

The fixed effects model is done using the STRATA statement so that a conditional model is implemented. Fixed effects modeling is well discussed and illustrated in the book "Fixed Effects Regression Methods for Longitudinal Data Using SAS"  (Allison, P., SAS Institute, 2005)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

The fixed effects model is done using the STRATA statement so that a conditional model is implemented. Fixed effects modeling is well discussed and illustrated in the book "Fixed Effects Regression Methods for Longitudinal Data Using SAS"  (Allison, P., SAS Institute, 2005)

BobSmith
Fluorite | Level 6

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I've seen that and associated books. I get that doing one-way fixed effects can be done using the STRATA command. However, how about two-way fixed effects? My understanding is, doing STRATA var1 var2 would not necessarily two-way fixed effects.

Thanks!

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

I'm not aware of a 1-way, 2-way, n-way distinction for the stratified conditional model.  The only purpose of the STRATA statement is to specify the variable (or variables) needed to distinguish those observations that are in the same stratum from those that are not. You would only need to specify more than one variable if all of the observations in a level of a variable are from more than one stratum. If the unique combinations of two (or more) variables are needed to correctly define the strata, then you would specify two (or more) variables in the STRATA statement.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation