BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
skywalker11
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, i have used Proc GLM to develop a model on modelling data set .

Now i want to use the model (or model equation) to score the observations in a new data set, along with calculating the uncertainty for each observation (i.e. 95 % confidence values Lower and Higher for each observation in the new data set).

But in my version of SAS (i believe it is 8.0), i dont have proc plm to use. Also can i use proc score to get the above mentioned values ??

Please help me out

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

There is an interesting work-around.  Append the new data set to the old, but replace all of the response variable values in the new data set with missings " . " before appending.

The fit will use only the original data, but the output data set (you'll need an OUTPUT statement that looks something like:

OUTPUT OUT=predset p lcl ucl;

This should give predicted values for all records with complete data for the independent variables, as well as confidence bounds.

Steve Denham

Message was edited by: Steve Denham

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

There is an interesting work-around.  Append the new data set to the old, but replace all of the response variable values in the new data set with missings " . " before appending.

The fit will use only the original data, but the output data set (you'll need an OUTPUT statement that looks something like:

OUTPUT OUT=predset p lcl ucl;

This should give predicted values for all records with complete data for the independent variables, as well as confidence bounds.

Steve Denham

Message was edited by: Steve Denham

skywalker11
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot Steve, Interestingly i figured this very way out by myself before reading your reply.......

Still, thanks a lot for the reply, nd yeah this is an interesting workaround Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation