BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mirisage
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Collegues,

I have the attached data set.

Table 1 Column D calculates the roll rate of outstanding balance from delinquency cycle_1 to cycle_1.

Table 1 Cell c28 shows the moving sum equation I have used to forecast the value of that cell based on previous 24 months actual data.

Column N of Table 2 applies the same forecasting equation for a known data range and column P calculates how well our prediction equation does the forecasting.

Sad to say that the % absolute deviation is way too unacceptable.

Could any one help me to improve this equation to increase the forecasting precision.

Thanks

Mirisage

2 REPLIES 2
Craig_Houston
Calcite | Level 5

I have not completely reviewed your approach, but the first thing that jumps off the page at me is what appears to be a seasonal pattern that your method is not accounting for... look at June of each year for example.  There is a significant drop off in roll rate each year at that time.

I see this post is over two years old.. I am sure you have figured this out by now.

Mirisage
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your contribution no problem even if the posting is old.

Regards

Mirisage

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation