Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

How to revise my forecasting equation to improve the precision of forecasting

Super Contributor

How to revise my forecasting equation to improve the precision of forecasting

Hi Collegues,

I have the attached data set.

Table 1 Column D calculates the roll rate of outstanding balance from delinquency cycle_1 to cycle_1.

Table 1 Cell c28 shows the moving sum equation I have used to forecast the value of that cell based on previous 24 months actual data.

Column N of Table 2 applies the same forecasting equation for a known data range and column P calculates how well our prediction equation does the forecasting.

Sad to say that the % absolute deviation is way too unacceptable.

Could any one help me to improve this equation to increase the forecasting precision.

Thanks

Mirisage

N/A

Re: How to revise my forecasting equation to improve the precision of forecasting

I have not completely reviewed your approach, but the first thing that jumps off the page at me is what appears to be a seasonal pattern that your method is not accounting for... look at June of each year for example.  There is a significant drop off in roll rate each year at that time.

I see this post is over two years old.. I am sure you have figured this out by now.

Super Contributor

Re: How to revise my forecasting equation to improve the precision of forecasting

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your contribution no problem even if the posting is old.

Regards

Mirisage

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation