BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aleks2709
Calcite | Level 5

I tried to use SAS to find linear dependence of dew point temperature T from humidity w, temperature t and pressure p. Also I want to use this model to prove that dew point temperature does not depend on pressure, but I need to understand how to read output. On first page I see table Analysis Of Maximum Likelihood Parameter Estimates. As I understand column estimate is the value of coefficient before pressure, temperature and humidity. However what does mean Intercept and scale. I think that Intercept is value d in the equation

T=d+aw+bt+cp

But I do not understand what does mean scale.

Also what functionality has wald Chi-Square (what does mean wald?). What kind of hypothesis I check here? For all coefficients it is 10000 - 80000. But for pressure it is 0.23. Does it mean that I can remove pressure from model as not valuable parameter? There is also column Pr > ChiSq. What does it mean? Is it possible to add Student criterion?

Then set of drawings follows, however it is not clear for which variables this images are used, may be there is some source where I can read about this.

Thank you for advice

1 REPLY 1
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Hi!

I moved your question to the Stat Procs community, as this will alert the experts "listening in" to that.

Use this community for all questions regarding procedures of SAS/STAT to get quicker answers.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation