BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
issac
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi folks;

I want to fit a repeated measure logistic regression with GLIMMIX and get the predicted class labels. The data was ordered by "id", the response is 0-1 coded variable "y", and there is one class variable "pwp". The code looks like this:

ods html close;

ods html;

proc glimmix data=test;

class pwp;

model y= pwp /dist=binary link=logit ddfm=kr2 solution ;

random _residual_ / subject=id;

output out=out1 pred(ilink)=predicted;  *??;

run;

However I get confused about "OUTPUT keyword< (keyword-options) > <=name >" part of the code. There are four options available: 1. Linear predictor (default) 2. Marginal linear predictor (NOBLUP) 3. Predicted mean (ILINK) 4. Marginal mean (NOBLUP ILINK), and I don't know which of them should be used to calculate predicted class labels.

Any useful hints would be highly appreciated.

Issac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
1zmm
Quartz | Level 8

Read the SAS documentation for the OUTPUT statement in PROC GLIMMIX.  It explains the differences among these four options.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
1zmm
Quartz | Level 8

Read the SAS documentation for the OUTPUT statement in PROC GLIMMIX.  It explains the differences among these four options.

issac
Fluorite | Level 6

@1zmm    

Thanks for the hints. Is there any way in GLIMMIX to build a model on a portion of the data (train set) and then apply it to the rest (test set) to get the predictions?

Issac

1zmm
Quartz | Level 8

One way is to create a new SAS data set that contains both the training data set with nonmissing, known values of the dependent variable

and the test data set with missing values for the dependent variable.  Run this new SAS data set through PROC GLIMMIX using the model you specify, and write the predictions for both the training data set and the test data set to a new output SAS data set.

Another way, recently introduced in SAS, is to write the training and the test data to separate data sets and to use the SCORE= option to create a model with the training data set specified in the DATA= option and apply it to the test data set specified in the SCORE option.  I'm not sure whether PROC GLIMMIX has the SCORE= option, but check the documentation for your version of PROC GLIMMIX to see if it is available for your use.

issac
Fluorite | Level 6

@1zmm

Thanks for the prompt reply. For the second way, I found CODE statement in the GLIMMIX in which one can write data steps to compute predicted values of the fitted model. Is this work like SCORE= option in other SAS procedures or just something different?

Issac

1zmm
Quartz | Level 8

If you have access to SAS/STAT version 12.1, the PROC GLIMMIX CODE statement seems to allow you to apply the results of an analysis of one data set to another data set to generate predictions in the same way as the SCORE= option in other SAS procedures.

Paramaribo
Calcite | Level 5

I always delete the values of dependent variable in the test dataset and append them to the train dataset.  So, in your case y = . for all test records.  By just running GLIMMIX procedure for the entire data (train + test), GLIMMIX will automatically output the predicted y value for all records.  I was able to get the same results by doing this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation