BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
scwiberg
Calcite | Level 5

Hi SAS communities,

I have the following challenge:

I have a logistical regression model including a binary outcome and some categorical and continuous covariates.
The logistical regression model achieved a c-statistic (or area under the ROC curve) of 0.94.

I have then used bootstrapping (unrestricted random sampling) to create 50 data sets (later I will do 1000) put together in one data set, sorted by replicate number (1-50).

Then I run the proc logistic on the large data set, using a 'by replicate' statement. 
In the SAS results window I how have 50 separate c-statistics.

Which leads me to the question:
How do I combine the 50 separate c-statistics in the results window, so that I can obtain a single median c-statistics for all the bootstrapped data sets? Preferably also with confidence limits...

I have attached the SAS code in a word file.

Best,
Sebastian Wiberg, MD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

How to store your results into a table:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2017/01/09/ods-output-any-statistic.html

Look at the PERSIST option on the ODS OUTPUT statement that will allow you to stack them all into one until it's done.

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=odsug&docsetTarget=p0oxrbinw6fjuwn1x23qam6dntyd.htm&docsetVer...

@scwiberg wrote:

Hi SAS communities,

I have a logistical regression model including a binary outcome and some categorical and continuous covariates.
The logistical regression model achieved a c-statistic (or area under the ROC curve) of 0.94.

I have then used bootstrapping (unrestricted random sampling) to create 50 data sets (later I will do 1000) put together in one data set, sorted by replicate number (1-50).

Then I run the proc logistic on the large data set, using a 'by replicate' statement. 

How do I combine the 50 separate c-statistics in the results window, so that I can obtain a single median c-statistics for all the bootstrapped data sets? Preferably also with confidence limits...

Best,
Sebastian Wiberg, MD

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

How to store your results into a table:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2017/01/09/ods-output-any-statistic.html

Look at the PERSIST option on the ODS OUTPUT statement that will allow you to stack them all into one until it's done.

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=odsug&docsetTarget=p0oxrbinw6fjuwn1x23qam6dntyd.htm&docsetVer...

@scwiberg wrote:

Hi SAS communities,

Best,
Sebastian Wiberg, MD

scwiberg
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much! That did the trick...

/Sebastian

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation