BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ahoeweler
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

If I run e.g. a conditional logit model with proc phreg I get the standard error, the p value of the coefficients and the log likehihood as a general goodness of fit measure for the conditional logit model.
However, if I want to run a hierarchical Bayes model with only random effects with BCHOICE, I get the standard deviation and the 95% HPD Interval but no p-values and no standard errors in the summary output.

So my question is what are the best goodness of fit measures for the hierarchical Bayes model and how can I calculate them in an easy way in SAS?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
ahoeweler
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rick,

for some reason, I get a notification that you replied to my question but I wouldn't see it in the actual post.

Has anyone the same problem?

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Alex

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Sorry for the confusion.  I did not reply to your question. I moved your question into the Statistical Community and sent you a notifice that I did so.

ahoeweler
Calcite | Level 5

It might be still interesting for other readers so I just wanted to let you know that I found out that using the deviance information criterion (DIC) to account for the overall fit of the hierarchical Bayes model. To account for the fit of the individual estimators stating how much the mean estimates deviate from zero taking into consideration their standard deviations seems to be a good way.

Best,
Alex

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation