Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

How to include some variables by default in proc glmselect for Lasso regression?

New Contributor

How to include some variables by default in proc glmselect for Lasso regression?

Is there a way to include 2 class variables in Lasso regression by default? Basically I want to allow Lasso to choose from among a list of continuous variables but want to include 2 class variables (one has 9 categories and the other has 6 categories) for sure. I am using SAS version 9.3 X64_8PRO.

Thank you.

Grand Advisor

Re: How to include some variables by default in proc glmselect for Lasso regression?

Unfortunately, INCLUDE= option is not available for PROC GLMSELECT.

But INCLUDE= option is available for PROC HPGENSELECT .

SAS Super FREQ

Re: How to include some variables by default in proc glmselect for Lasso regression?

You can run a regression on the two variables, then use the residuals as the response in PROC GLMSELECT. It might look something like this:

proc glm data=Have;
   class C1 C2;
   model Y = C1 C2;
   output out=Residuals r=NewY;
run;

proc glmselect data=Residuals;
   model NewY = x1 - x1000;
run;
New Contributor

Thank you for your replies.

@Rick_SAS, I had done exactly this but was wondering if I could do it all in one step for cleaner presentation of methodology and results.

@Ksharp, is there a way to run proc hpgenselect in SAS 9.3 TS Level 1M2, X64_8PRO platform?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation