BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EricTsai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am building a predictive response model using proc logistic.  However, due to nonlinearity between predictors and the response, I tried to use PROC ADAPTIVEREG for regression spline basis functions to accommodate for non-linearity.

I also tried PROC GAMPL to get splines but I didn't know how to get the scoring code that will do the transformation from the procedure's output.   

I want to use the spline transformation to score my future new data and need the scoring code with transformation.

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I think you are correct: PROC GAMPL does not support a STORE or CODE statement.  I'm guessing the reason is that the nonparametric model is extremely complicated. I don't know the details, but for some tree-based nonparametric procedures you can't score the data unless you have a tree that contains the original (training) data.

The only way I've found is to score a GAMPL model is to use the "missing value trick": append the scoring data set to the end of the training data, using a missing value for the response of the scoring data. A discussion and example is available in the third section of the article "How to create a sliced fit plot in SAS."

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation