BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kmaalt
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, got a huge problem, since I cannot get more decimals in any tests with SAS. Tried to use 'probsig', but couln't get it work in SAS 9.2 version. So, the problem is, that in my cohort almost every correlation gives you p-value <.0001 and I want to see beyond that.

what should I do? Thank you for your help!
1 REPLY 1
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I gave an answer previously for this problem. Repeated here.
Here is one way.
You can use ods output to create a sas file for each relevant part of the output from a procedure. For instance, you could use:

proc glimmix ;
ods output tests3=tests3;
class trt b ;
model y = trt|b;
run;

to store the Type 3 test results in a file called tests3 (these are the F tests, degrees of freedom, P values). The p value is called ProbF in this file (just print it to check this out). Then in a print procedure, you can choose a different format for ProbF. Below is one way, where I request 12 decimal places for P.

proc print data=tests3;
format ProbF pvalue15.12; *<--no space in pvalue15.12 ;
run;

The relevant ods file is different for each procedure. Check the documentation for your desired procedure.
Usually, one does not need to know p to more than 5 or 6 decimal places. But it does come up with multiple testing problems, where one wants to adjust the p values for multiple testing. Then, it can be useful to see more than 5 or 6 decimal places.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation