BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I am using proc fastclus to do the cluster analysis, but i need value of centroid too.

is there any possiblity to get centroid value using proc fastclus.

Thanks in Advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Ksharp
Super User

Documentation said OUTSTAT= dataset contain centroid .

proc fastclus data=sashelp.iris  outstat=want distance
maxclusters=3 maxiter=100;
var _numeric_;
run;
proc print data=want;run;

x.png

Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, 

Thanks for reply.

But its centroid for variables, i am not able to find out over_all centroid,, does final seeds  also called as over_all centroid??

Thanks in Advance 

ballardw
Super User

Each of the variables in effect is a separate dimension. The overal centroid would be the point with coordinates corresponding to the centroid of each dimension.

Ksharp
Super User

Honestly ,I don't know what is your mean . 

Change it into one cluster ?

maxclusters=1
Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

In your output{snapshot provided by you in ur answer} , visible that center value for over_all is missing. I am looking for that value. what would be that value if i want to know that. 

Thanks in advance.

Ksharp
Super User

But That doesn't make any sense, Maybe you could PROC TRANSPOSE it .

Or are you looking for proc varclus ?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation