BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
invalid
Fluorite | Level 6

The command (proc genmod or proc hpgenselect) output the parameter estimates on the link scale. Is there a way to easily transform them to the inverse link scale?

Some options have the ILINK flag but the I cant seem to get the "(Zero)ParameterEstimates" inversed without having to write code that is different depending on what link function is used. This is especially tricky for zero inflated models and when switching back and forth between genmod and hpgenselect.

Is there any easier way to get the parameter estimates on inverse link scale?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

I am not sure of what interpretive value the individual estimates would be on the inverse-linked scale since the link function is applied to the complete linear predictor, but in any regard you would need to do this outside of the procedures by saving the parameters to a data set and then using a data step to calculate them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

I am not sure of what interpretive value the individual estimates would be on the inverse-linked scale since the link function is applied to the complete linear predictor, but in any regard you would need to do this outside of the procedures by saving the parameters to a data set and then using a data step to calculate them.

invalid
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi!

Thank you for your reply. You've made me realize a mistake. You're right that individual estimates on the inverse-linked scale lack interpretive value for some of the link functions.

If I have log-link then the inverse can be interpreted as a multiplicative factors since exp(b1*x1+b2*x2+...) = g1^x1 * g2^x2 * ...

where g1... are the parameters on reverse link scale.

But for my Zero estimates (logit-link) it does not make sense to look at individual estimates on the inverse-linked scale. I need to as you say apply the inverse to the complete linear predictor.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation