BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DaLack
Calcite | Level 5

I am interested in estimating a mixture of quantile regressions similar to the mixture of linear regressions using proc fmm. I have checked the one-component-case in SAS (proc quantreg) but can't find any solution for the case of a mixture. A mixed model is not possible due to the unkown group membership of the observations.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Interesting idea. I've never heard of this before, but I see that there is a recently published (2016) article by Wu and Yao.

I can't think of any procedure that does this automatically. I'd guess you need to formulate it as an optimization problem. Given that it require optimization for the quantile regression AND optimization for the mixing parameters, I'd conjecture that you'd need to attack this with PROC IML, although maybe someone can show how to do it with PROC NLIN. Either way, I suspect this will require some challenging (but fun!) programming.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Interesting idea. I've never heard of this before, but I see that there is a recently published (2016) article by Wu and Yao.

I can't think of any procedure that does this automatically. I'd guess you need to formulate it as an optimization problem. Given that it require optimization for the quantile regression AND optimization for the mixing parameters, I'd conjecture that you'd need to attack this with PROC IML, although maybe someone can show how to do it with PROC NLIN. Either way, I suspect this will require some challenging (but fun!) programming.

DaLack
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I have read this article and was wondering whether it is already available in SAS. But I agree, programming seems to be the only option to perform it...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation