BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MR_Xishuai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

My observations have FOUR variables: ID, DATE, year1 and year2. I want to create times series(frequency: yearly) data between year1 and year2.

I have already use proc transpose to create a variable YEAR which has year1 and year2 for each observation.

for example for observation A, if year1=1995 and year2=2006, then after the proc transpose I will have two observations A1 with YEAR=1995 and A2 with YEAR=2006.

Then I want to create all the time series observations with YEAR between 1995 and 2006. Namely, Year=1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005.

I tried to use proc expand to solve the problem(I did so with monthly data), but the code below does not work:#

proc expand data=mysample out=mysample1 From=year to=year;

by ID Date;

id YEAR;

convert YEAR;

run;

The code does not work. Is it because I should not use Proc expand or is there something wrong with the code? Or could anyone tell how to solve the problem?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Seems like you need at least one "analysis" variable.  Without Y PROC EXPAND says "Nothing to do";

data test;
   do id = 1;

do year=1995,2006;
         year = mdy(
1,1,year);
         y=ranuni(1);
         output;

end;

end;

format year date.;

run;
proc expand data=test out=new method=none to=year;
   by id;
   id year;
   run;
proc print;

run;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Seems like you need at least one "analysis" variable.  Without Y PROC EXPAND says "Nothing to do";

data test;
   do id = 1;

do year=1995,2006;
         year = mdy(
1,1,year);
         y=ranuni(1);
         output;

end;

end;

format year date.;

run;
proc expand data=test out=new method=none to=year;
   by id;
   id year;
   run;
proc print;

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation