BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello all,

I want to create a basic model which would identify/predict customers those are eligible to get the loan so that these customers would be targeted by the customer care people.

Please find the attachments for sample documents. I am new to modelling , so i would like to know how this can be done in SAS.

And i want to automate this finally to run on weekly/monthly basis.

Thank you.

Vish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Assuming that your response is binary (eligible vs not), you would be fitting a logistic model. You can use PROC LOGISTIC to fit the model and the SCORE statement in that procedure to get predicted probabilities of eligibility for you test data set.  See the LOGISTIC documentation and examples there such as the "Scoring data sets" example.  Basic code would be like:

proc logistic data=train;

model binary_response(event="Y") = predictor1 predictor2;

score data=test out=mypreds;

run;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Assuming that your response is binary (eligible vs not), you would be fitting a logistic model. You can use PROC LOGISTIC to fit the model and the SCORE statement in that procedure to get predicted probabilities of eligibility for you test data set.  See the LOGISTIC documentation and examples there such as the "Scoring data sets" example.  Basic code would be like:

proc logistic data=train;

model binary_response(event="Y") = predictor1 predictor2;

score data=test out=mypreds;

run;

Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you for your inputs. I will look into the Logistic documentation.

Ksharp
Super User

Also you could try Decision Tree.

Check PROC HPSPLIT example .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation