Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

How to control the significance level for the final set of variables in PROC LOGISTIC

Contributor

How to control the significance level for the final set of variables in PROC LOGISTIC

Hi,

I used PROC LOGISTIC to run a model using backward variable selection method. For this method, the final set of variables that were kept in the model have p-values >0.05 for the Type3 analysis. This is not good if I want to keep only those variables with p-value<=0.05. Can I ask how I can control the significance level for the final variables in PROC LOGISTIC?

THANKS.

PROC Star

Contributor

It is SLSTAY/SLENTRY.Smiley Happy

SAS Employee

If you have interactions in the model, the default is to maintain a heirarchical model.  That is, if A*B is in the model, then A and B are required to be in the model.  In such a case, A or B may not meet the significance level requirements.  You can turn off model hierarchy with the HIER= option in the MODEL statement.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation