BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ruth
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I used PROC LOGISTIC to run a model using backward variable selection method. For this method, the final set of variables that were kept in the model have p-values >0.05 for the Type3 analysis. This is not good if I want to keep only those variables with p-value<=0.05. Can I ask how I can control the significance level for the final variables in PROC LOGISTIC?

THANKS.

3 REPLIES 3
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

If you have interactions in the model, the default is to maintain a heirarchical model.  That is, if A*B is in the model, then A and B are required to be in the model.  In such a case, A or B may not meet the significance level requirements.  You can turn off model hierarchy with the HIER= option in the MODEL statement.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation