Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

How to control the intercept of logistic regression ...

Contributor

How to control the intercept of logistic regression ...

I am doing a logistic regression across a class variable "state", and the parameter always set the last state, for example, "WY"'s value as 0. I want my sample average parameters across all state to be 0. That means no state's final parameter is 0, but their average is 0. Is there a way to do it? Thanks.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: How to control the intercept of logistic regression ...

You can use the PARAM= keyword on the CLASS statement to set the parameterization for the classification variables.  Here are all the parameterizations: SAS/STAT(R) 13.1 User's Guide  By default, PROC LOGISTIC uses PARAM=EFFECT. Parameter estimates for the effect coding scheme "estimate the difference in the effect of each nonreference level compared to the average effect over all levels."   I am a little confused because it sounds like that is what you want, right? A comparison to the average?

Questions like this are best asked in the Statistical Procedures Community. Some of the experts there (like or ) would be able to give a more definitive answer.

Valued Guide
Valued Guide

Re: How to control the intercept of logistic regression ...

I don't think you want the average parameters to be 0. I think you want param=effect or param=ref.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation