BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Abeid
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all

I am doing multiple imputation (specifically PROC MI with fcs statement). My incomplete data is a replication of a data set (say, I have incomplete datasets = 1000).

The imputations run fine but when I try to pool for inference I get the following error

ERROR: Within-imputation Estimate missing for variable intercept1 in _Imputation_= 1 in the input

PARMS= data set.

The missingness is only on one variable, the dependent variable which is categorical (y = 1, 2, 3, 4).

So I have a linear predictor: eta = a_j + beta1*x1 + beta2*x2 + beta3*x3 + beta4*x4 + b    , b ~ N(0, d) , j = 1, 2, 3, 4.

I use PROC GLIMMIX to fit a mixed effect model, which runs fine with no errors. The problem comes when I invoke MIANALYZE. I get the error there up appended for the SAS code below.

PROC MIANALYZE PARMS =glimparms;

MODELEFFECTS intercept1 intercept2 intercept3  x1  x2  x3  x4;

RUN;

If i don't include intercepts, I get the beta estimates for the x's. i.e., for

PROC MIANALYZE PARMS =glimparms;

MODELEFFECTS  x1  x2  x3  x4;

RUN;

Please someone help.

Much regards

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

MIANALYZE and GLIMMIX have notorious compatibility problems that still have not been worked out, at least to my satisfaction.  I know there have been some posts in this forum on approaches, so searching here might turn up some keys.  If you do find something to make this jump, please post it back here.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation