BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PhoenixZhang
Calcite | Level 5

My question is more about statistics methods.

Say, I have variables A and B to predict variable C that is a count.

A balance between A and B is supposed to be positively associated with C, which has been tested and proved.

Now, my research takes a closer look at this equation. In particular, in the context of a balance between A and B, A may have four different dimensions. These dimensions are not mutually exclusive. In other words, two or more dimensions of A may happen at the same time. I want to test how each dimension of A impacts C, and how A's dimensions interactively impact C, contigent on a balance between A and B.

It seems that I'm stuck with too many interactions. Do you wise people have better ideas on how to test this, apparently in SAS? Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Could you explain what you mean by "balance" and "dimensions"?  Are A and B discrete (categorical) variables? 

In the ANOVA setting,  "balance" refers to the number of observations in each level of a categorical variable. For example, if a study has 50 males and 50 females, then the SEX variable is balanced.

When you say "dimension," do you mean the number of levels of a categorical variable? Please give an example of data where "two or more dimensions of A may happen at the same time."

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation